Inveraray Community Council
General Meeting held on Wednesday 7th September 2022 at 7.00pm in the Loch Fyne Hotel. The next Community Council meeting which will be held on Wednesday 5th October 2022 at 7pm in the Loch Fyne Hotel, Inveraray
|Cllr Jan Brown
|Cllr Garett Corner
Linda welcomed all to the meeting.
- Apologies for absence
- Declarations of interest
- Approval of previous minutes
Aly approved; Jacquie seconded.
- Treasurer’s report
General Account Balance £25,523.76
This includes income from:
Mini Bus £80.65
Pier Fund -£24,346.00
Action Plan -£199.58
Drax for Avenue Light Survey -£500.00
Action Plan Prints £25.00
Balance After Pending/Allocated Funds £583.83
EVENTS & DISPLAYS £3,171.62
BONUS SAVINGS £10.47
Micro Grant Balance £749.28
Pending grants awarded :
Indoor Bowls -£250.00
Balance after Pending £499.28
CLACHAN WINDFARM £20,306
British Region -£1500.00
Balance after Pending £18806.00
- Police Report
Scottish Canals – re notice of winter closure for maintenance.
- Licencing/Planning applications
Nothing of note.
- Inspire Inveraray
Directors and ordinary members
Still need to push for more ordinary members and directors, forms have printed off to recruit new members, there are now 60 members, another 40 required.
Newsletter has gone out.
Treasurers report for Inspire Inveraray:
Outgoing Report for Inspire August 2022
Mini Bus Funds from ICC £616.75
Previous Balance £261.44
Member Forms Print -£30.00
Afternoon Ceilidh in George Hotel beer garden on Sunday 9th October 2022 starting at 1pm. Jacqui and Abby, Robin will sing. George Hotel will donate 50% of food takings and donate a raffle prize of stay in hotel with champagne and dinner. Hopefully the Inveraray Inn and Loch Fyne will donate prizes, £5 strip.
Robin Campbell has donated Christmas cards – using photos taken by Andrew Sinclair and DJ – Linda thanked Robin for his support.
Christmas parade with Santa and switch on of Christmas lights – Friday 9th December 2022.
Apply to Council for procession permit and public liability insurance. Permit application to be made to Bear to put Christmas lights up. Request to Bear to put extra sockets on light poles.
- Phone box – Bill Nelson – 1st Aid for Gambia, will supply Defibrillator, carry bag and sign free of charge. Inveraray Jail have offered to help refurbish the phone box.
- Swing Park requires refurbishment and matting under new equipment required to stop ground around them becoming muddy. Suggested that Scottish Power, ACHA and the Community Council could work together to improve the swing park.
- Grass and bushes beside path from new town to Co-op car park require cutting back, Argyll Estates to be approached.
- All weather pitch and/or football pitch at school. Discussed the need for one or both. Aly spoke with Susan Tyre who suggested further discussions take place re draining the school field so that football nets could be put up.
- Linda will investigate solar lights for the avenue.
- Cllr Corner advised that ALIenergy can help with energy difficulties, ALIenergy Promoting sustainable energy use | ALIenergy
- Date of next meeting
Wednesday 5th October 2022 at 7.00pm in the Loch Fyne Hotel. Caitlin Quinn, SSEN to attend.