Inveraray Community Council
General Meeting held on Wednesday 3rd May 2023 at 7.00pm in the Loch Fyne Hotel
|Linda Divers||Convener (Chair)||Michelle Soto|
|Jacqui McDonald||Hugh Nicol|
Linda welcomed all to the meeting. Michelle has recently moved to Inveraray, all welcomed her.
On behalf of the Community Council, Linda offered her condolences to Anne and John following the death of Alan Cameron. A donation to an organisation close to Alan’s heart will be made in due course.
Linda thanked the Loch Fyne Hotel for allowing the Community Council to hold their meetings in the hotel, their hospitality is much appreciated.
- Apologies for absence
Tracy Boyce, Cllr Philand
- Declarations of interest
- Approval of previous minutes
Al approved; Linda seconded.
- Treasurer’s report
Applications for grants from the Clachan Flats fund have been received from;
- Inveraray District Pipe Band. Award £1500
- Inveraray Golf Club. Award £2000
- Inveraray Highland Games. Award £2000
- Royal British Legion (Al is a member of RBL so abstained from voting). Award £750
Inveraray Toddlers group has requested a grant to enable them to pay for Public Liability Insurance – a grant of £500 was approved from Inspire Inveraray’s funds. The group does not have a constitution or charity number so cannot apply for funds from the Clachan Flats fund.
Inveraray Community Council
|Outgoing Treasurer’s Report End of April 2023|
|General Account Balance||£6,439.25|
|This includes income from:|
|Drax for Avenue Light Survey||-£500.00|
|Dots Christmas Light||-£607.98|
|Balance After Pending/Allocated Funds||£859.56|
|EVENTS & DISPLAYS||£2,153.17|
|Balance after Pending||£215,393.00|
|Pending grants awarded:|
|Balance after Pending||£72.69|
|Balance after Pending||£16,021.62|
|Outgoing Report for Inspire April 2023|
|Balance as of 01/03/23||£87,888.88|
|Unrestricted Pier Funds||£5,080.00|
|Pier Restricted Garfield Weston||£15,000.00|
|Pier Restricted Inspiring Scotland||£31,500.00|
|Pier Fundraising Refurb||£26,793.85|
|Fyne Shed TSI Grant||£8,500.00|
|Fyne Shed Co-Op Donation||£150.00|
|Pier fundraised by CC||£3,631.71|
|Mini Bus Held by CC||£340.00|
- Police Report
- Licencing/Planning applications
Nothing of note.
- Inspire Inveraray
Warm Spaces continues to be a great success. Many volunteers and venues have been involved in the success of the project. It will stop for the summer, and a special thank you should be given to Linda who has organised and worked every Monday ensuring its success.
The Fyne Community Shed
A grant application was successful with TSI for funds of £8500 towards the costs of the shed and we hope to submit an application to Clachan once the group has decided on a couple of sheds/containers.
The co-op donated £150 towards the project and the Community Council received a donation of £500 from Taziker Ind Ltd.
Fundraising is ongoing. It is a waiting game at the moment until the lawyers have finalised the sale.
Interviews were held yesterday and today for a Pier Project Administrator, hopefully the successful candidate will be told by the end of this week.
An application has been submitted to the Argyll and Bute Council for £2500 for a consultation to be held on the community hall. Inspire Inveraray aim for this to be a conclusive consultation, offering options to the community of re-development of the hall, a new hall at a different location or any other ideas the community has.
Ruth Jackson at the primary school is keen to start a community garden and has received funding for resources. Aly has met with Ruth offering help, and hopefully a work date will be arranged to build and fill the beds.
No plans. John Lamont, Conservative MP for Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk who currently holds the post of Parliamentary Under Secretary (Scotland Office) is visiting the Pier on 18th May 2023 following the award of the Levelling Up grant.
- Al will arrange for phone box in Church Square to be painted in readiness for the defibrillator.
- Public Toilets – Argyll & Bute Council will allocate a case number to our request for a Community Transfer which will enable them to direct our enquiry to the correct Council Officer.
- A meeting has been arranged for 11th May with Donald MacDonald and Iain McLaughlin from McLaughlin & Harvey Construction Ltd. to discuss maintenance dredging of the seabed around the Pier. Hugh Nicol confirmed that the seabed around the pier is owned by the Duke of Argyll so would ask that he is kept informed of any works.
- Hugh Nicol advised that ILI (Intelligent Land Investments) has plans to construct a pump storage hydro scheme in the future on land close to Balliemeanoch, access would be required via Inveraray. ILI has intimated to Hugh that they would be willing to donate a 5G Astro pitch for the school grounds (they sponsor Inverness Caley Thistle so have an affinity towards grass roots sport).
- Alan Duff has asked for financial help to complete his cherry picker licence, once he has submitted a quote we will consider his request. This would help with the installation and removal of our Christmas lights.
- Fly tipping is a big issue at the recycling point in the Avenue – a request to be submitted to Jim Smith’s Service to ask if a sign/CCTV could be placed to say that anything that doesn’t fit into the approved recycling containers will be considered fly tipping which is illegal.
- Chain/padlock is required on the side gate of the fence surrounding the community hall to prevent unauthorised access.
- Date of next meeting
AGM and general meeting – Wednesday, 7th June 2023