Inveraray Community Council
General Meeting held on Wednesday 2nd August 2023 at 7.00pm in the Loch Fyne Hotel
|Linda Divers||Convener (Chair)||Michelle Soto|
PC Martin Wilson
Linda welcomed all to the meeting and thanked the Loch Fyne Hotel for their hospitality.
Aly Stewart, Alistair Rodden, Jacqui McDonald, Tracy Boyce, Jacqui Kerr
- Declarations of Interest
- Approval of previous minutes
Linda approved; Jan Brown seconded.
- Inspire Inveraray report
The Fyne Community Shed
An application has been submitted for £10,000 from Awards for All.
The sale of the pier is now complete, and restoration will start in Autumn.
A public meeting to update on progress has been arranged for the 8th of August, in the Inveraray Inn.
Fundraising is ongoing and Michelle is looking into grants for phase 2 of the project.
A grant from Argyll and Bute Council grant for £2,500 has been awarded for conclusive community consultation on the community hall. A meeting was held on the 31st of July to discuss the consultation and what was required of the consultation.
No update since last meeting.
Inspire will have renewed their CTA membership.
|Outgoing Treasurer’s Report End of July 2023|
|General Account Balance||£1,983.34|
|This includes income from:|
|Drax for Avenue Light Survey||-£500.00|
|Dots Christmas Light||-£77.52|
|Balance After Pending/Allocated Funds||£488.29|
|EVENTS & DISPLAYS||£4,713.85|
|This includes income from:|
|Alan Cameron Light||-£2,550.00|
|Balance after Pending||£2,163.85|
|Pending grants awarded:|
|Balance after Pending||£1,330.76|
|Balance after Pending||£18,894.10|
|Inspire Inveraray are holding an open day on August 10th to give interested parties a chance to meet the Board and obtain updates on their work. Campbell Room, Inveraray Inn|
Report received. Sgt Wilson advised that there is door to door peddlers in the Mid-Argyll area. People should be aware that occasionally there are dog thieves operating in the area. The Police are working with the church minister to hold a public event in Furnace church to alert members of the public to cyber and internet crime. Sgt Wilson would be happy to hold a similar event in Inveraray. Linda suggested that the Warm Spaces event which is due to re-start on 4 September (12-2) in the Geroge Hotel might be a good time to hold this information event.
Sgt Wilson advised that there has been reports that there is a lot of underage drinking in the George Hotel and the Inveraray Inn, so they will be clamping down on that.
We were informed that if we see trespassers on the pier, we should call the Police.
Sgt Wilson will arrange a working party of cadets to clear the weeds from the Avenue and to do a litter pick.
- Licencing/Planning applications
Nothing of note.
No plans until Christmas.
- Argyll Estates to be asked to cut back the brambles beside the Avenue path
- Cllr Brown will contact ACHA re the poor swing park in Inveraray to see if it can be improved.
- Several members of the community have reported sighting rats in Inveraray – Cllr Brown will pass to relevant person.
- An open burn beside the new houses at Dun Na Quaich view has been reported as a possible danger to children – Cllr Brown will speak with ACHA.
- Cllr Brown to speak with Jolyon Gritten (A&BC) rejoining the path from Bushang to Glen Shira.
- Extra parking at Glen Shira cemetery – Argyll Estates would consider but would need an official request to come from the Council – Cllr Brown to follow up.
- Argyll Estates asked to consider putting signs at the “Doll’s House” and before the path across the Golf course giving direction to “The Town”.
- Date of next meeting
Wednesday, 6th September 2023.