Inveraray Community Council
General Meeting held on Wednesday 3rd August 2022 at 7.00pm in the Loch Fyne Hotel
PRESENT IN ATTENDANCE
|Linda Divers||Convener||Cllr Jan Brown|
|Julie Hendry||Secretary||Bill Nelson – 1st Aid for Gambia|
Linda welcomed all to the meeting.
- Apologies for absence
Hugh Nicol, Jacquie MacDonald, Arend Goodheir, Alistair Rodden, Jacquie Kerr
- Declarations of interest
- Approval of previous minutes
Aly approved; Linda seconded.
- Treasurer’s report
General Account Balance £27,934.48
This includes income from:
Mini Bus £1,450.65 *£834 pending in payments, giving balance of £616
Pier Fund £22,706.00
Action Plan -£199.58 * due to VAT which we knew about, micro grant?
Notice Board £1,776.00 * pending payment
Drax for Avenue Light Survey £500.00
Action Plan Prints £150.00
EVENTS & DISPLAYS £3,171.62
BONUS SAVINGS £10.47
Action Plan Printing £150.00
* no pending payments
CLACHAN WINDFARM £20,306
Pending Payments: British Region £1500.00
- Police Report
- Licencing/Planning applications
Nothing of note.
- Inspire Inveraray
Directors and ordinary members
Still need to push for more ordinary members and directors, forms have printed off to recruit new members, there are now 60 members, another 40 required.
Brian Spalding has agreed to join as secretary.
Inspire are now a member of dtas (development trust association Scotland).
Business plan is now completed, just needs a few tweaks.
Pier was valued at £55k, which was good news.
Structural survey is complete and the surveyors are working on the report and drawings.
Ian Mackay is taking on the moorings, plotting the co-ordinates and applying to the Crown Estate, thanks given to him.
Daniella at Ridge Clean Energy has started the levelling up application and Scottish grant fund which Aly will be help with this week and next, the deadline for the Scottish Land fund grants is the 15th of August and then the 14th of November.
Aly has access to Inspire’s banking online which will make everything a lot easier.
The business profile is now up to date.
Picnic on Front Green – 23rd July 2022, 2-6pm. Successful, marred by poor weather.
Robin Campbell has donated leaflets and holders – Linda thanked Robin for his support.
It was suggested that donors could “buy a brick” and their names would be displayed on the wall which separates the stone part from the timber section of the pier.
Fundraising suggestions; quiz night, Ceilidh – 7th October 2022.
Bill Nelson offered to distribute leaflets in February 2023.
- Phone box – Bill Nelson – 1st Aid for Gambia, will supply Defibrillator, carry bag and sign free of charge. Waiting for Al to replace glazed panels. Post meeting note: Inveraray Jail have offered to help refurbish the phone box.
- Community Action Plan – ready for distributing to the community. Aly and Linda to present to MAKI CPG on 31st August 2022.
- Swing Park requires refurbishment and matting under new equipment required to stop ground around them becoming muddy. Suggested that Scottish Power, ACHA and the Community Council could work together to improve the swing park.
- All weather pitch and/or football pitch at school. Discussed the need for one or both. Post meeting note: spoke with Susan Tyre who suggested we meet with the interim head teacher after the school holidays.
- Cllr Jan Brown provided information about local pride awards.
- Date of next meeting
Wednesday 7th September 2022 at 7.00pm in the Loch Fyne Hotel.