The Inspire Inveraray Board of Trustees are now looking toward continuing the restoration of the Pier through Phase 2 Operations, where we will address the Timber Pier. We are now beginning the fundraising process for Phase 2, with the goal of raising £25,000 in individual gifts and £75,000 in corporate and grants-based funding.
If you are interested in making a financial contribution to Inveraray Pier fund , please follow the instructions below.
- Purchase and re-development of Inveraray Pier to benefit the community and the local economy by Inspire Inveraray, with the partnership of Inveraray Community Council.
- Raise purchase and restoration funds through grant applications, go fund me and fund raising.
- To regenerate the pier as part of a tourist town with lots of visitors, befitting local businesses.
- To regenerate the pier for locals to use for leisure and accessing water sports and fishing activities.
- To offer opportunities to local businesses and budding entrepreneurs to use the pier for activities such as water sports, fishing, seafood shacks, boat tours.
- To offer the opportunity for investment for example in moorings, pontoons, and slipways.
- To offer the opportunity to increase use of the pier from yachts, small cruisers, and the navy.
- To include involvement from other like-minded parties such as Historical Scotland and Clyde Marine Planning Partnership.
- To connect surrounding towns of the Loch such as Dunoon, Lochgilphead, Cairndow, Strachur and many more. Piers are uniquely valued across all ages and social groups. It just takes outreach. More landing facilities in Argyll will create a better economy.
- To be fully accessible, flat, free, and open to everyone.
- To improve the biodiversity in the Loch, which can be used by schools to develop children’s education, introducing them to the marine environment.
Phase 2 Fundraising Target
The next steps of the Inveraray Pier Project include developing the everyday business processes of the Pier, completing the building works through the winter, arranging for the grand opening, assessing the Timber portion of the Pier, and begin fundraising and project management for Phase 2 of the Pier Project. Phase 2 of the Inveraray Pier Project will expand our marine access points and provide more space for people to enjoy our Pier by developing leisure space, benches, and fishing access points, among other facilities. Phase 2 is also where we can make the most meaningful strides in providing accessible facilities at Inveraray Pier for people with Additional Support Needs or mobility concerns.
So far we have raised £6,555 of our £100,000 target.
Please consider donating using the methods below.
Alyssa Stewart, Organiser.
We are grateful to all those that have donated towards the reopening of the pier and thank you for your support.
Fundraising continues for Phase 2 of the development, focusing on the day to day operating of the pier and the timber pier.
The PHASE 2 goal is to raise £25,000 in individual gifts and £75,000 in corporate and grants-based funding.
If you would like to donate to the pier fund by cheque, please make it payable to ‘Inveraray CC’, write ‘Pier Fund’ on back, and post it to:
Mrs Aly Stewart,
or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your donation.