The Inspire Inveraray Board of Trustees and our Pier Development Officer are now looking toward continuing the restoration of the Pier through Phase 2 Operations, where we will address the Timber Pier. We are now beginning the fundraising process for Phase 2, with the goal of raising £25,000 in individual gifts and £75,000 in corporate and grants-based funding.
If you are interested in making a financial contribution to Inveraray Pier, please email Development@inspireinveraray.scot
- Purchase and re-development of Inveraray Pier to benefit the community and the local economy by Inspire Inveraray, with the partnership of Inveraray Community Council.
- Raise purchase and restoration funds through grant applications, go fund me and fund raising.
- To regenerate the pier as part of a tourist town with lots of visitors, befitting local businesses.
- To regenerate the pier for locals to use for leisure and accessing water sports and fishing activities.
- To offer opportunities to local businesses and budding entrepreneurs to use the pier for activities such as water sports, fishing, seafood shacks, boat tours etc.
- To offer the opportunity for investment for example in moorings, pontoons, and slipways.
- To offer the opportunity to increase use of the pier from yachts, small cruisers, and the navy.
- To include involvement from other like-minded parties such as Historical Scotland and Clyde Marine Planning Partnership.
- To connect surrounding towns of the Loch such as Dunoon, Lochgilphead, Cairndow, Strachur and many more. Piers are uniquely valued across all ages and social groups. It just takes outreach. More landing facilities in Argyll will create a better economy.
- To be fully accessible, flat, free, and open to everyone.
- To improve the biodiversity in the Loch, which can be used by schools to develop children’s education, introducing them to the marine environment.
Updated 17th May 2023 by Alyssa Stewart, Organiser. Please visit gofundme.com/f/inveraray-pier-fund to contribute towards our GoFundMe campaign.
It has been a busy and exciting time over the last few months. Inspire Inveraray have been awarded grants from the Scottish Land Fund, Inspiring Scotland and the UK Government for the Levelling Up Bid.
The Scottish Land Fund awarded £127,374 which can be used for 95% of the purchase cost, health and safety repairs and appointing a pier development administrator for two years.
Inspiring Scotland awarded £31,500 and the Levelling Up Awarded £45,000 which will allow the restoration and opening of the stone pier.
We are grateful to all of those that have donated, volunteered, helped, and awarded grants to enable the community ownership of the pier.
If you would like to donate to the pier fund by cheque, please make it payable to ‘Inveraray CC’, write ‘Pier Fund’ on back, and post it to:
Mrs Aly Stewart,
Thank you for your donation.